Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A time to reflect

This weekend I will be heading to my old stompin grounds.
The grounds that I started to become independent, to find out who I was.

The grounds to which I had giant hair with lots of hairspray.

The place where I played sports, went to dances, played in the marching band, and cut classes or even the day altogether.

The place that was my home away from home. When I wasn't at home or a friends house, I was definitely doing something there.

The place where I had some of the best memories of my life, and some of the worst memories of my life.

To the place I felt loved and hated all in the same day. Where one minute I was on cloud nine, the next minute I was in the dumps.

Yes, this can only mean....

I am going back to my high school.

This weekend we are having our 20 year reunion. WOW!

It seems like just yesterday I was there. Yet, when I look back and it seems like an eternity.

Such an oxymoron.....High School......

No comments: