Friday, August 29, 2008

Back to school night

It's back to school!! Well, for us it was just back to school night. Yesterday was a day filled with going to all 4 kids back to school nights. A chance to meet the new teachers, and new classmates. It was fairly simple for my younger 2. They will be going to the same school around the corner from our house. Youngest daughter was able to meet her new teacher, see her classroom, and see where her cubbie was. It soon became apparent to me that those were not the things that were most concerning to her with starting a new school. It wasn't until I saw relief wash over her that I knew what was most important to her. She had spotted that the classroom had several baby dolls and 2 telephones!!!! WHEW!!! I wouldn't say she is excited to start in her new school (she still tells me daily that she is going to cry at school) but I sense in her that she thinks it will be ok....someday.
My youngest son starts 1st grade and he is in the same school as last year. We went and saw his classroom and his cubbie, and eh... no biggie to him. No excitement no dread.
Next we traveled down the road to the older boys school. They go to school 30 minutes away. We decide we will tackle the new 5th graders schedule first. We go and find his locker and he sets it up just right. Then we go and meet his teachers, he switches classes, but stays in the same building. He was Mr. Cool. Oh yeah, I am back in my groove. Watch out SCS here I come!!
So onto the big 8th grader. We needed to get his schedule to make sure it was right. They had messed up earlier, no band....WHAT? NO BAND??? MOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!! . Whew! It was right. So off we go in the upper school building. Upstairs then downstairs, then upstairs, then downstairs, and so on. I think he needs to go up, then down every other class. Now that is one way to get into shape! We also found his locker and made sure it had the cool factor, boy style.... absolutely nothing on it, or in it! LOL!
All in all it was a great day/night and everyone feels more comfortable about where they are going to be spending the next 9 months. Mom included.

No comments: