Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hats off to full time working Moms

Wow!

I am only day 2 into my full time work week. Yes, that means I am working 5 days this week, just like any other regular full time working mom. I am helping to cover for a coworker who is out cruising the bahamas. Hmmmm. Why didn't I go??

Can I say those moms who work full time jobs are the farthest thing from regular. WOW!!

These women are mighty, invincible, she-rah's, I am woman hear me roar kind of women. Definitely NOT regular! My hats of to them. They have definitely earned my respect.

Here I am only day 2 out of 5 and wondering how I am going to make it the rest of the week with my sanity. It's just my mindset to start with. I have worked 5 days a week before. Granted it may not have been mon-fri 8-9 hour days, it was probably more like one day 13 hours, next day 4 hours, next day 6hours, etc. That was with the call hours and shift work.

Either way, I am getting a taste once again of what full time working moms go through everyday. Even more challenging are the single moms working full time. I am trying to do laundry, homework, picking up kids from after care, and after school sports. Forget trying to make a decent meal at a decent time. It has been the chicken nuggets, grilled cheeses, pizzas, tomorrow it will be soup I think.

God has blessed me with my husband who has a good income that allows me to work just part time. Thank you God for this blessing!!! I pray I never take that for granted.

No comments: