Sunday, September 19, 2010

A realization

As the days are quiet, with the kids at school and hubby at work, and I am at home (when I am off from work)....

As I go about my days at home during these times (granted I have had only 3 of these days since the kids have been back to school.).....

I noticed something the last quiet day....

The queitness of the house.....freaked me out a bit.....it made me.....

LONELY.

I am actually stunned to find myself looking for errands to run while the kids are at school, instead of savoring the quietness of the house.

I am looking to get out, be out, and stay out of the house.

But I need to stay IN the house to get Mount Laundry under control, dinner made, dishes done, vaccuming, cleaning those gross bathrooms, etc.....

Now that I am avoiding the house when the kids are gone,  I am literally falling farther behind...And I have more time to get it done too...UGH!!

I am in a complete state of shock that this is a reality to me. I cannot tell you how I was looking forward to that quiet house, and now it freaks me out.

It's the reverse culture shock I experienced when I was working full time, then had my first baby and then went home full time. That did not go over very well in the beginning. It took me 3 months to start to enjoy my baby.

I guess I need to give it time, 3 months maybe???

Yikes, I don't think the house will survive 3 months of me avoiding it!!!

No comments: