Saturday, July 6, 2013

Camping

After almost a year of not posting anything, and practically forgetting I even had a blog, I decided it was time to post something. Mostly because I am really excited. Excited about what????

CAMPING!!!

Yes, camping!!

We used to camp when the kids were little. We would camp with friends from church and sometimes with my family (sisters, nieces, nephews, parents etc.) It was always sooo much fun. But as the years passed, time got away and noone scheduled these camping adventures, so it just stopped happening.

Well, this year with my oldest son graduating from high school and heading off to college in the fall, I wanted to bring back the good ole times of camping.

Sounds like a great idea to me, even if my hubby would disagree (he's not quite the camping guy although he will go along just to make me happy).

So in just a few weeks we are going camping with a bunch of friends, 8 fun families will be joining us!! Woohoo!! We were able to borrow a camper from a friend, so we don't have to rough it completely. However, the older 2 boys will be tenting it outside the camper.

I just can't wait to hang out with friends, get to know them better, create memories with them, roasting the marshmellows, swimming at the water park, fishing, bike riding, walking the trails, and all the other fun things that go along with camping with friends.

It will be the last hoorah before sending my oldest off to college, that will be another post for another time. Right now I'm focusing on the fun time we are getting ready to have. Woohoo!!!

We are going camping!!!

No comments: