Saturday, September 10, 2011

Getaway

Wow!! It has been almost a year since I posted anything. Life goes by at crazy speeds and then when there is time to take a breathe, it ends up with me collapsing.

This weekend hubby and I planned a spontaneous getaway. Spontaneous in the fact that it took us only a week to plan. Where are we going, who is watching the kids, who is shuttling them from soccer, birthday parties etc.? I must say, only a week to plan is in my book a record!! 4 kids is not easy to plan for time away with all their schedules. But I did it!!! Woohoo!!

We have escaped to the beautiful land of the Pennsylvania. In the romantic, breathe taking nook in the Poconoes. Gods splendor and mighty power is so evidently displayed. We hiked to the majestic Bushkill Falls...The Niagara of Pennsylvania. WOW! With all the rain and flooding this area has experienced in the last few weeks has made the most powerful waterfalls!! The streams and brooks are rushing waters that had you put a water wheel there it would be producing some serious electricity. It amazes me the absolute power that is in nature. It blows me away that is not even close to the power that God has. I am so grateful I am on Gods team!!

Tomorrow we leave, and I will drive hubby to the airport. He is flying out of Philly on the 10th anniversary of the tragic 9/11 events. Please pray for him if you think to. I will then head back home to the hustle and bustle of my busy yet very blessed life.

No comments: