Wednesday, August 8, 2012

How to survive my sons Senior year.

Wow! It has been 7 months since I last posted. I nearly forgot my password and how to sign on. Lol.

Life is moving at break neck speed around here, feeling overwhelmed much of the time. Having 2 teenage boys in the house adds plenty of activity, along with having the other 2 kids and all their stuff. Whew!

So my question is "How do you survive your son's senior year?" AHHH!!!

All the requirements for senior year and college are incredible! Who woulda thunk it? Certainly not me. Besides all the college stuff, I thought senior year was the kick back year! Well I was in for a rude awakening.

We started all the college stuff last year, and had it all pretty much figured out. We visited the colleges, had it narrowed down to 2 of his favorites, he knew his major. It was just a matter of applying and seeing how the financial end would come out.

Senior stuff starts in the month of June....Wait!!!! He just finished his junior year and hasn't even had a summer yet!! OK, here we go senior class trip info meeting, senior portraits, passport applications, and the list goes on and on and on, with deadlines upon deadlines.

Praise God, I can run to Him in my overwhelmed state. He calms my fears, and restores my soul.

Deep breathe in, breathe out...Ok, I got this with my Lord......

Oldest son says to me a little bit ago "Mom, I have been doing alot of praying lately and I think I may be changing my major, and the ***University and **** University do not offer what I am thinking of changing to"

So I calmly explore his thoughts and probe his heart, encouraging him to go where God is leading him, even if it means we start this whole process over...

WHAT???? Did I really just say that???? PANIC!!!! START OVER???

Breathe in, breathe out, call upon the Lord my refuge! Dear God get me through this senior year!

So here we go on this rollerscoaster ride, with our arms lifted up screaming down the hills. Woohoo!!


No comments: