Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Melting my heart

Have you ever had one of those mornings that start out with.....

A sweet kiss from an 8 year old little boy, dressed to the nines, and him saying " Mommy. It's time to wake up."

Bleary eyed, and groggy I am thinking "Who is saying something and what are they saying and why are they talking to me in the middle of the night?"

Again, youngest son says "Mommy, we are going to be late for church." while he is hugging me this time.

WHAT????!!!!!! CHURCH????!!!! What time is it and more importantly, what day is it? Is it sunday?

I progress to look at the clock, and indeed, if we all didn't get up NOW, we would be late for church.

As I start waking up and getting around, I come to realize....My precious son has gone around to everyone's room to wake them up. He of course is already dressed and ready to go. Not so for the rest of us. We are rushing around getting showers and doing hair etc.

A short time later, my dear little boy proceeds up the stairs with 8 bagels that he has cooked and buttered for everyone. He said "I wanted to make sure everyone had something to eat. I figured they might not have enough time to get something, so, I brought it to you!"

What a servants heart. Not a word was mentioned about not getting breakfast, but little man saw what was sure to happen. Leaving for church without breakfast. He didn't want anyone to go hungry.

Talk about melting a mothers heart!! How grateful I am for him and who God is molding him to be.

No comments: