Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Busyness

Wow. I can't believe it has been a week since I posted last. Life has been traveling at moc speed for me. So fast I had to tell my 2 older kids, we have to cut down on all the soccer. No more 4 times a week, for the month of December. It will be once a week per kid, and so that leaves it at twice a week for mom. We will re-evaluate after the holidays as to how much through January until their tournament. Whew! I never realized what I was getting myself into when we signed them up for indoor soccer. Not again!!!( Never say never, but that would really be the word I would rather be saying).

Work has also been consuming more time than I like. I have been working 3 days a week instead of my 2 days. We are busy and short staffed. We are in the midst of training a girl (she goes to my church) but it will be a while before she is able to be independent on the floor. Training someone is also tiring in itself. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel. It sure does feel like a really LOOOONNNGGGG tunnel.

Today I am supposed to be doing a laundry marathon. Instead I have paid the bills, balanced the check book, made a million calls (which I do not like doing), caught up on my e-mail, and even checked my facebook page, and now I am blogging. Anything but that mountain of laundry. Then tomorrow it is off to go clean the beach house. We had renters in it over the thanksgiving holiday and I still have yet to get there to clean it. TOO BUSY.

I also need to make my cookies for my cookie swap I am having at my house on saturday. We were supposed to have 10 people, but last minute people have e-mailed to cancel, stating their schedules are just too busy. So I have had to re-email everyone and adjust the number of dozens they need to bring. Ugh. At least it is a lower number to bring instead of more. I have 5 great friends coming and we will have a blast. Later that night, my husband's side of the family is celebrating their christmas and the birthday of my husbands 96 year old grandmother. Whew! Busy day. I may need a nap after the swap and before I go to the party.

In all of this rush, and hub bub of working, and celebrating the season, along with all the other daily things of life, I need to make sure I don't forget the awesome gift God has given us. The gift of His son. The birth of Jesus and all that He did for us. Dying on the cross so that we may have a personal relationship with God. If I stop and think about it, really think about it, it is more than my mind can wrap around. Why would an all powerful, almighty, all knowing, God want to be in a relationship with me. Me. Who am I? A mere magot. Yet, my loving God wants to fellowship with ME. Wow! It is so powerful when I really stop to ponder it. But yet is so easily taken for granted in the midst of busyness. Stop and think, and know that Our Almighty God wants to have a relationship with you and will meet you wherever you are. What a gift!

No comments: