Wednesday, December 10, 2008

More to think about

Today has been yet another busy one. I went down to the beach to clean the condo. Whew! It seemed dirtier than normal which meant a lot more elbow grease on my end. After 3 hours of cleaning, I was done. However the towels still were not dry. So I brought those home to finish here and will take them back another day.

When I got home I needed to start on my own laundry, so I threw the towels in the dryer and started the wash. Then to pick up kids from school and the bus stop. Then home to start dinner and check e-mail and facebook. As I was reading another blog "girl talk", she posted the verse Ephesians 5:15-17
"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is."

That really got me thinking. I struggle, especially this last year or two with feeling like I let life happen, rather than being purposeful with my day. I need to keep what the will of the Lord is front and center and then my day would be purposeful. Granted I do get distracted and procrastinate those things I don't want to do. But focusing my eyes on the Lord and His will, will help me make the best use of my time, so that I may walk wisely. It says to "look carefully at how you walk", I need to evaluate
"Am I really doing what I should?"
"Is this the best use of my time?"
"Am I being wise?"
"Do I understand what the will of the Lord is for me?"
Especially in these busy times of exta work and Christmas, I really need to be purposeful, instead of blowing which ever direction the wind blows me.

Hmm. Something more for me to think and pray about. I think I am going to memorize those verses. Happy Hump Day (Wednesday is the hump of the week, after today it is all down hill till the weekend).

No comments: