Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Our new adventure

As I mentioned before, we have a new adventure. It was our valentine gift to each other. I am almost reluctant to tell people in fear of expectation. But as people have talked about what they gave each other or what they did for v-day, I have spilled the beans.

So what did we give each other?

A memebership to our local gym, the powerhouse. Yikes!!

That's right. No more excuses. No more blaming it on my thyroid. It is time to get down to business and start moving to the beat to get this weight off.

We have no excuse now. The gym has daycare for the kids, except oldest son, he just stays home or we go while he is busy with all his other activities. The kids have had a blast. We tell them "load up, it's time to go to the gym." They love it. They ask "Are we going to the gym today?" They have all fun stuff; wii fit's, hopscotch, nintendo game systems, tv with disney channel on 24/7, plus kitchen and doll stuff. We have wii fit and other games, but somehow it is just not as fun as playing at the gym. At least they love it.

We have been faithful so far. My goal is 4 days a week. We are entering our 3rd week and still going strong. We are eating healthy meals and snacks now. Even the kids have noticed the healthier meals and have loved it. My oldest said "Mom you have been knocking it out of the park with your new recipes." If that doesn't bring inspiration, I don't know what would.

I love that hubby and I are doing this together. It has been so much fun. Well as fun as it can be working out.

So that is our new adventure. Hey, we were even able to get a great discount for the gym because I am a nurse and work at the local hospital here in town. We are bascially getting 2 memberships for the price of one. Now you gotta love that!

I will post my progress, well the good news of it anyways. LOL.

No comments: