Friday, March 20, 2009

Progress

Well I am making progress, albeit slow, it is still progress. An update on the weight loss, gym, eating healthy and passing it along to my family lifestyle. I have lost 8.5 lbs in the last 6 weeks. I have had my blood work drawn, and have made at least 2 new healthy meals a week (except this week has only been one new recipe, but 2 weeks ago, it was 4 new recipes). Hubby is still working out with me, and we are consistently hitting the gym 5 days a week. Two nights ago we had the older 2 boys working out with us at home and they were loving it.

Well we have even taken it to the next level (at least for us) we have found a 5K run that we are going to sign up for. Not only are hubby and I going to do it, but we are going to sign up the older 2 boys as well. They are so excited. We really want to stimulate and enforce a healthy lifestyle. It has not been that way for so long, so we have a lot to make up for, but at least we are trying now.

AHHH!!!! What are we doing? I can't run 3.1 miles. I have a lot of training to do before then. Thankfully we have time. I am going to see how far I can run next weekend. I have done a 6K on the eliptical machine, but does that mean I can run it. I don't think so. We shall see. Yikes! I am a little nervous about this.

No comments: