Monday, June 1, 2009

June is here

I can't believe June is here. Woohoo!!!

Two of my four kids are out of school. My older 2 have only half days left, and will finish this friday. I am sooooo glad.

I have started the younger 2 on, the summer chore and reading schedule. They get to pick their favorite chore, and they must do it everyday monday through friday. My youngest son picked unloading the dishwasher, so at least once a day he needs to make sure he unloads the dishwasher and puts everything away. Babygirl is still thinking, so until she makes up her mind, I get to assign the chore. Widget claimed cleaning the living room, and oldest son claimed cleaning the boys bathroom ( I am lovin that child!!!!!). LOL. The older 2 kids have until next monday before they have to start on the summer schedule.

They are also required, by mom, to read at least 30 minutes a day. No reading, no computer. No if ands or buts about it. MOM'S LAW!! Sometimes, I will allow them to work in grade appropriate workbooks for 30 minutes instead of reading. I get them at Sam's club for the grade they are going into. Youngest son will get a 2nd grade book, which has math and reading,and handwriting and something else (no science or history stuff). Babygirl will get a kindergarten book that has matching and letter writing, and which one doesn't belong. I think the books go up to 6th grade, so widget can get one too. But oldest son will just have to read. He has to do 3 book reports over the summer for school anyways.

Those are our 2 staples for summer. A chore a day and 30 minutes of reading. Then the rest of the day is pretty much theirs to play and have fun!!!!

Here's to the summer schedule....sort of.....

No comments: