Thursday, August 6, 2009

Summer life

Wow. It has been forever since I last posted. Could it really be 3 weeks? Wow.

As you can imagine life here with 4 kids and being summer just moves very swiftly. We currently are having my nephew for a couple days as his parents are away. We also have oldest son's friend who was supposed to spend one night, has now decided to stay another night. So we have added an extra 2 boys (one 11 and another 13) to add to the testosterone bunch. Whew! Poor babygirl, surrounded by 5 boys on a rainy day. Thank goodness for coloring books.

We soon will need to get into preparing to go back to school. I ordered a few uniforms a couple of days ago and will soon get all their school supplies. I am torn about school starting. I sooo enjoy the sleeping in and being lazy and doing whatever we feel like during the day. But I do miss the structure and routine that school provides for us. So I am looking forward to that. I dread the homework and projects. Mostly the projects. UGH!!!

Since I last blogged we also took a trip to DC/VA. We toured the national zoo, the museum of natural history, the air and space museum, and visited my sister and her family. It was a great getaway. BTW, we are now experts at riding subways. They are so fun and the kids LOVE them.

Friday while we were at the zoo, a severe thunderstorm came ripping through DC. We had to take cover in the gorilla exhibit. An entertaining exhibit, albeit stinky.

Tomorrow morning we are going to the pool with all 6 munchkins. We have a dentist appointment for older boy in the afternoon then going to the minor league baseball game with all you can eat food. Yummy!! So tomorrow will be a busy day. Then the fun stops and the work begins. I am on call sat-wed. Yuck.

I will blog later about my adventures in the cabinets and closets.

No comments: