Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Differences

I had a little chuckle tonight as the differnces in ages, and sons vs. daughters were revealed after saying a simple statement.

I just said "Babygirl?"
She replied "Yes, Mom?"
I said "I love you"
She promptly got up and came and sat next to me and started to snuggle with me.
My snuggle bug for sure.

I called to third son sitting on couch next to the chair babygirl and I were in, and he said
"huh?"
I said " I love you"
His reply " Uh -huh" with a little muttering
I said "Sweetie did you hear me? I said I love you."
He said "Yeah, I said I love you too didn't you hear me. Or maybe I just thought it? Hmm"
I explain to him "I didn't tell you so you would say it to me, I just wanted to make sure you heard me."
"Oh.... well...I did and I do love you, just in case I didnt tell you, and just thought it."
Such a sweetie.

I then call over to second son who is sitting at the table on the computer
He says "Yeah Mom"
I say "I love you"
He responded with a little chuckle and then said "I love you too"
I question the little chuckle "What was the chuckle for?"
He tells me "You already told me that today."
So I say "Well then I must really mean it huh?"
He replies with another chuckle "Yeah, I know."
Oh, he is growing up.

Oldest son was upstairs doing homework, so didn't get a chance at that time to tell him, though I know I have already told him that I love him. I never want to take for granted the chance to tell my kids I love them. You never know what tomorrow brings.

I just found it interesting how they each responded.

No comments: