Monday, July 14, 2008

Girlfriends!

There are sometimes in life when I just need my girlfriends. I just went to the Women of Faith conference in D.C.. What an awesome time of bonding with my girlfriends. I look back at the weekend and just start to chuckle, remembering how a simple wave from another girlfriend in the other car had my car rolling in laughter the rest of the trip. It is just pure fun and enjoyment to laugh your hiney's off. To have those inside jokes where only you know what the others are saying. I need those times when I can laugh, and cry without any abandonment. Just to be me. It's the freedom in Christ that I am able to be who God created me to be. And to actually be that, not what I think I should be or what others think I should be. What an awesome gift God gave us when He gave us girlfriends. Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE my husband and kids, and all my family. But there are just sometimes when you need a girlfriend. To all my girlfriends out there; I love you and treasure what you mean to me.

No comments: