Sunday, September 14, 2008

Family all around

Today was one of those typical sundays, well, minus hubby.

We are fortunate enough to have lots of nieces and nephews that go to church with us. Every sunday poses the same issues after church...

"Mom, can cousin come over?" or "Mom, can I go over to cousin's house?" If it is not a cousin, than it is one of the friends from church.

They always seem to ask when I am in conversation with someone else and cannot give my full attention to what they are asking. It never fails. I think they must plan it that way. So after excusing myself briefly to hear their plea, I usually end up saying."ok, whatever". Only to realize later what I agreed to. Ahh!

Fortunately today, we already had the arrangements made for who was going to who's house. Whew! I sent the 2 youngest with their cousin and brought cousin's brother here. It was kind of strange not have young kids here. I had 2 ten year olds and 1 twelve year old. We had an afternoon full of older boy fun, which included a flag football game for one of the boys.

What a blessing it is to have a large family all around you.

1 comment:

My Little Nest said...

I totally agree....what fun we all have together! Love your kids...they're sweeties. Robin