Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Assessment

Well the dreaded first session is over. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. He did all my measurements (ok, that was bad-chest, thighs, belly, calves, and arms), weight, health history, injury history, etc. Then he took me over to the weights to see what I could do. I was a little nervous, cause I have only done weights twice since joining the gym 3 1/2 months ago.

First I had to do these push-up on this bar that was about my chest height (it was like doing a push up against the wall), then he lowered the bar about a foot and I did a few more. Then he lowered the bar another foot, and a few more push ups. By the time I ended, it was about a foot off the ground.

Then onto another aparatus that I had to do these pull ups, or chin ups, but you put your knees on this platform and it lowers you down. Basically, you are pulling up your own weight up and if you can't, you pull only a portion of your weight. I couldn't do a pull up on my own to save my life (too much weight and not enough muscle, LOL). Thank goodness for advancing equipment, so doing pullups with only a portion of my weight was a breeze. We did that many times until we got the right weight. Whew!!

Then onto one of those giant 1/2 balls. It is flat on the top and a ball on the bottom. I had to stand on it and then do squats while balancing. That actually was easier than I thought it was going to be. Who knew?!

And then time was up. He was just testing, now comes the next session when he starts kicking my butt. My mom has termed it "Justin's torture chamber". LOL. (She has heard what hubby is going through.) Time will tell.

No comments: