Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Throwing caution to the wind

Today ended being even more crazy than I originally thought it would be. I didn't get out of work on time and needed Hubby to pick Babygirl up at school. Once I did get off, I needed to run to mom's house to pick up widget (no school today, which I didn't remember until AFTER I volunteered to work today) then run to get Babygirl from Hubby, then run 30 minutes down the road to pick up Oldest son from a friends house that he spent the night at, then run back to youngest son's school to pick him up. Then FINALLY home by 4:30. Whew!
So when I do get home, my thought was....

"Where has my baking day gone?" :(

Well, I get dinner going and MomMom stops by and everything stops to visit with her. Then it is back to making dinner. I had had enough. The chocolate chips, sugar and brown sugar are staring at me wondering when are you going to make us into something delicious. So I put my foot down and threw all caution to the wind and went for it.

I BAKED MY FIRST BANANA BREAD FOR THE HOLIDAYS.

Wow! Did that feel great! I love it. While the bread was baking, I proceeded on towards making dinner. But instead of having a lovely well rounded dinner, they got spaghetti instead. Hey, they were hungry, spaghetti is quick enough, and I NEEDED TO BAKE! So it was all solved. Now on to the cookies. Hmmmm. What cookie should I start with first. So many cookies and so little time.

No comments: