Saturday, November 15, 2008

Widget's 11th birthday

We just celebrated widget's 11th birthday. I can't believe he is 11. My kids are growing older and older, and I can't seem to stop them. LOL.

Since I have been working a little more (ok, alot more) I was up the night before his birthday making cupcakes so he could take them to school to celebrate with his classmates. At 11:30pm I was frosting them and then shaking blue sprinkles on top. He was thrilled the next morning when he saw them (Woohoo! Chalk one up for mom).

The morning of his birthday he wanted to take the bus (I offered to take him, but he declined) so off on the bus he goes. He spends the day in school, while I was birthday shopping for him..presents and food for his birthday dinner. At the end of the school day, daddy showed up with widgets 2 best friends (who don't go to his school) and took them all to the movies. Widget was so excited to have his friends with him. After the movie they all came home and had the requested Taco dinner, ice cream cake, and presents. Around 8pm his friends were picked up.

He had a great birthday. I just wish I had seen him more. My baby is getting older. He really wanted to be with his friends. That was the exciting part for him. It was ok to be with the family, but I think he thought it was better to be with his friends. Now I am not saying that is bad. I know it is part of the age. It wasn't that he didn't want his family, just that his friends excited him more. But I am glad he had a great birthday. I want him to have fond memories of this time.

No comments: