Monday, October 20, 2008

Birthday time

Well tomorrow is my oldest's 13th birthday. I can't believe I will officially be a mother of a teenager. I say officially, cause it sure has felt like he has been a teenager. The puberty hit before the teenage year, we have the enormous growth spurt, the deepening of his voice, the hormones flying around- short tempered, frustrated easily, sensitive etc.
It is amazing though,that as of late those things have not been an issue. He has started knowing his body, when he gets frustrated to go cool off. He has also has blossomed with his service towards others. He has a real heart for serving others. He also cares for those around him.
He is playing coed soccer for his middle school team. One game he slammed into a girl, they were both going for the ball aggressively, and knocked her to the ground, accidentally. It wouldn't have mattered if it was Goliath or a tiny mite, it's all out on the soccer field. Anyways, after he knocked her to the ground, he turned to her and offered his hand to help her up. I was really proud of him and his gentlemen ways.
I just keep lifting him up to the Lord. That my son would allow God to make him the man that God intents for him to be. Wow what an adventure we are on in raising the kids that God has given us.

No comments: